An opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal within our Clinical Negligence Team based in our Bristol office.
The role often involves being the first point of contact for new enquiries from members of the public who may be unsure about and in need of initial guidance in relation to the legal process.
You will also be responsible for assisting lawyers with all aspects of their work. There will be opportunities to take on more responsibility as you progress in the role, and to assist in marketing on behalf of the team.
To support and assist members of the team in their work on behalf of clients.
- interviewing potential clients, taking instructions, preparing statements;
- advising in relation to funding;
- preparing notes and summaries;
- engaging in client and other correspondence;
- obtaining and assessing information;
- drafting documents;
- undertaking legal research;
- complying with the firm’s procedures in all respects;
- attendance at Court hearings including with Counsel as appropriate;
- engaging in marketing activities;
- maintaining time recording on client matters on a daily basis;
- keeping secure and confidential all information obtained in relation to client matters and those relating to the firm;
- undertaking any other duties which from time to time may be allocated.
We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil this kind of work.
The ideal candidate will be academically strong and ambitious, either with previous experience or a strong interest in medical negligence and/or healthcare. Although previous experience is not essential, you must be willing to demonstrate an ambition to progress your career in this area.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to our HR department email@example.com by 31st May 2018.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss the role please do not hesitate our HR department for more information.
Metcalfes actively supports the principle of Equal Opportunities in employment and is committed to ensuring that individuals are treated fairly, with respect and are valued. The sole criterion for selection or promotion in the company is the suitability of any applicant for the job.