Helen graduated from the University of Exeter with a 2.1 LLB (Exons) in law. After completing the Bar Vocational Course at Cardiff University she was called to the Bar in 2008 and cross qualified as a solicitor. She was promoted to Senior Associate on 1st July 2015.
Helen advises on both taxable and non-taxable estates, creating and administering trusts, drafting wills and powers of attorney. Helen also has a particular interest in Court of Protection work and can assist with the deputyship application process, general Court of Protection applications to include statutory wills, advise lay deputies and act as a professional deputy and attorney.
Helen is a member of the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple and is a full member of the Society for Trust and Estates Practitioners (STEP).
What Helen's clients say:
- "All my dealings were with Helen Calcutt, who was very professional, compassionate and a pleasure to meet with. The service was excellent in every way. Thank you." (re Trusts)
- "Thank you Helen. Unbelievably efficient." (re Wills and LPAs)
- "…this has been a mind blowing experience, but you guided me through it with professionalism, respect and your attention to detail was impeccable, which left me totally stress free, for which I thank you." (re Probate)
- "You made everything so clear and I will be in touch if I ever need your expertise." (re Trusts)
- "I would just like to thank you for dealing with this in such a delightful, helpful, courteous and straightforward way." (re Wills)
- "Thank you for the way you handled all the issues relating to my parents’ estate. I felt you were very sensitive to how difficult a time it was for my brother and I and we appreciated that." (re Probate)
- "I would like to put on record my gratitude for all of your assistance with the administration of my father's estate. It has been a complex and tortuous process and I know that my sister has greatly appreciated having someone she trusts and respects to guide her through it."
- "You are very easy to talk to and explained everything so clearly." (re Probate)
- “Many thanks for all your kind support and help.” (re Probate)
- "I really can't thank you enough for being so skilled at explaining these complicated matters in such a clear manner." (re Probate)
- “Very many thanks to Helen for your tenacity and for the outcome you’ve achieved. I’m most grateful.” (re Probate)
- “I just wanted to thank you, once again, for all your sensitive support…You have always been able to explain complex matters in a clear manner and have always communicated clearly…thank you for your skill and efficiency and most of all for being so approachable.” (re Probate)
- "I received excellent service from Helen Calcutt throughout the whole process." (re Wills)
- "What could have been a very anxious time for me was made easier by the very professional way Helen Calcutt dealt with my affairs." (Re Wills & LPAs)
- “I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the caring service you have given me re my will and Power of Attorney.”
- “Just stay as you are, Helen and the other staff I met were fantastic” (re LPAs and Wills)
- “[The clients] wanted me to pass on the message that Metcalfes and, particularly, [Helen and Sophie] were excellent. They were very impressed and glad they have sorted out LPA provision.” (Feedback from an IFA re clients having LPAs)
- “So reassuring, concise and considerate.”
- "You are an exceptionally bright and gifted lady"